WHAT IS THE PTFA ALL ABOUT?
• Support School Activities e.g. refreshments at Christmas Parties, Sports Days, Parents’ meetings, Concerts
• Social Programme for Children and Parents, a variety of events to suit different tastes, spread across the year, helping new parents to feel part of Westerton
• Fund Raising, to enhance the provision at the School, to support specific projects, to provide the ‘extras’ in times of plenty and essentials in times of famine!
WHAT DOES A GOOD PTFA DO?
• It helps lots of people to feel involved and to take part in PTFA work at different levels
• It independently plans and runs successful events and projects,
• It consults and liaises with School Staff to ensure that things run smoothly and that people are not over-burdened
• It publicises and markets events effectively
• It builds up productive links with the community and with local business
• It plays a part in the local community
• Members have lots of fun, a sense of teamwork and achievement
HOW CAN YOU PLAY YOUR PART?
• Support School and PTFA events by coming along
• Let us have suggestions for future events you think would work well
• Undertake to run a ‘one-off’ event
• Put your name down as a helper for occasional events e.g. the Gala
• Talk to one of our committee and perhaps come along to a meeting to find out more
• Take the plunge and join the committee now; we need lots of fresh blood but unlike Dracula we don’t bite!
Remember – this is your school and you can make a difference. Please support your child and the School by becoming involved.