The Morley Schools' Sports Association (MSSA) is an association of the fourteen Primary Schools and three Secondary Schools in the Morley Family. Representatives from each school meet on a termly basis to plan a calendar of sporting events for the Primary school children.
The association has been running for a number of years now. MSSA was originally formed to organise a football league to ensure that the Primary School children had more opportunities to play as a team. Over the years, the association has grown and the calendar of events has evolved to include thirteen different events during the academic year. The events organised also cover a wider range of sports and target different age groups. All of the events are organised by the Primary and Secondary school staff with the help of the Young Sports Leaders from the Secondary schools.
The aims of the association are:
- To increase participation in sport.
- To increase opportunities for inter-school competition.
- To promote the Sporting Spirits. (Teamwork. Determination. Honesty. Passion. Respect. Self-Belief)
- To develop Young Sports Leaders.
MSSA Code of Conduct for Parents/Spectators
Morley Schools’ Sports Association is committed to providing the children of Morley with opportunities to develop their sporting skills and increase participation and enjoyment in sport. As parents/spectators we ask that you follow this code of conduct to ensure the continued enjoyment of everyone involved and embrace the spirit of good sportsmanship.
- Encourage all the child to play within the rules and respect officials’ and coaches’/teachers’ decisions.
- Support all the children’s efforts and performances, give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort and learning.
- Be a positive role model to the children and remember that children learn best by example.
- Recognise the value of teachers and officials. They give up their own time and resources voluntarily to provide guidance and opportunities for your child/children so please do not interfere with their decisions.
- Promote this code of conduct to other parents, carers and supporters.
For information about the events in the MSSA Calendar and results of the events, please click the link below to the School Games website.